The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:38 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:54 am 

Moderators, please delete if not allowed.

Hi everyone. As a member of the childfree community and a doctoral student, I have the opportunity to add to the body of literature on childfree women through my doctoral dissertation, which includes advocacy regarding voluntary sterilization. Below, you’ll find the contents of my recruitment flyer with information regarding participation in my study. Please read the flyer in its entirety before clicking the link to the survey. If you meet the criteria (also listed below), I invite you to participate. Participation is completely voluntary.

Participation requirements:
· Females over 18
· Identify as childfree by choice
· Have been surgically sterilized or currently desire to be sterilized
· If you’ve been sterilized, you must be at least one moth post-sterilization prior to participation

Seeking Childfree Women

My name is Kristen Varian. I am a doctoral student at John F. Kennedy University, conducting a study of childfree women and sterilization.
I am seeking female participants who are over the age of 18, identify as childfree by choice (i.e. women who have intentionally chosen to not have children and do not intend to fulfill any parenting role in the future) and have been surgically sterilized or desire to be sterilized. The participants who have been sterilized must have had the sterilization procedure at least one month prior to participation. If this description fits you, I would like to invite you to participate in my research.

There will be no compensation for participation. Participation includes a brief online demographic questionnaire followed by a series of online surveys. Participation will take approximately 25 minutes. If you are interested in participating, please follow the link below. If you have any concerns about this study please feel free to contact the NU/JFKU IRB at (858) 612-8384 or via email at irb@nu.edu.

Link to survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/7KG8P8X

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:41 pm 

I haven’t been sterilized and don’t plan on it (I have terrible periods and my Mirena IUD has caused them to stop completely), but best of luck with your research!