The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:06 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:37 pm 

This statement makes me fall out with laughter every time. Why do these idiot breeders think that someone needs to "try" parenthood out before making a final decision? I mean, I know for a fact that I would not like skydiving. I do NOT need to jump out of an airplane to know that I do NOT like it! And besides, do they not see they flaw in their "try it" logic? It's not like you can have a kid and then say "well, I was right all along. This was not for me." If you try parenthood, you are, well, pretty much stuck. Well, actually, I had one dumb shit breeder (former friend turned enemy) tell me "well you could just put the kid up for adoption if you try it and still feel like having kids is not for you". Wow...just.....WOW..... And this person was no more fit to be a parent than a lamp post. In fact, the poor kids would have had a better chance with a lamp post. This individual was a close friend for a long time, but they were NOT parent material and they knew this and decided to have kids anyway. It was very sad to say the least. They ended up losing one child to drug addiction. And I blame my former friend for it. They did drugs too and it rubbed off. Imagine that. It was quite comical watching them get all sanctimonious just because they reproduced. A tragic example of someone who had kids because it was something that they wanted to "try".

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:18 pm 

I don't need to eat a shit sandwich to know it's going to taste like shit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:12 pm 
Site Admin

I've never shot heroin, but I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:18 pm 

I've never been shot but I know I wouldn't enjoy it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:13 am 

Oooh, here's an idea, let's cover you in honey and stake you out over an ant hill, I mean you may love it, you never know until you try...

I've had breeders come out with this type of mind boggling dumb crap too....."I was just like you until I had kids", well you clearly weren't 'just like me' otherwise you wouldn't have had them. Duh!

Or the ubiquitous "it's different when it's your own". Yeah, no shit :roll: You bet it's different, you can't hand it back and everything is on you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:52 am 

How do you know that climbing Mt Everest in your underwear isn’t for you? You’ve never tried it!

How do you know that wrestling with a grizzly bear isn’t for you? You’ve never tried it!

How do you know that sticking a pineapple up your bum isn’t for you? You’ve never tried it!

This is kinda fun!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:55 am 

Quote:

How do you know that sticking a pineapple up your bum isn’t for you? You’ve never tried it!

You haven't? :o

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:02 am 

^ :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guess I don’t know if it’s for me!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:24 am 

Agreed - trying kids on for size can't be done, nor is trying to do that acceptable (give them up for adoption if you don't like it wtf?!). Either have them and take full responsibility or don't have them at all! This is why I question a lot of people's reasons for wanting to have kids; mainly selfish motives are found when it boils down to it.

Some people are just so thick and wrapped up in the whole life script thing IMO. Just because most people can physically reproduce doesn't mean that they should, am dumbfounded by these people who don't seem to get this! It's the same situation with people who are certain that they want to have kids but are clearly not fit to be parents.

It's frustrating because in situations like these it's the kids who end up suffering a lot of the time. Not only can this be incredibly damaging to the individual, but to society long term IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:56 am 

I've never stuck a fork in an electrical outlet, but I have learned it's a pretty bad idea from those who have decided to try it.