The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:09 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:29 pm 

I slept in until 11:30. It’s been quite a while since I slept in that late! I always figure that I wouldn’t have slept that long if my body didn’t need it.

Sleep is already a precious commodity, I can’t imagine how much worse it would be if I had kids.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:11 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
If times were normal, today would have been the day my bro and I finally got to see Rage Against the Machine live. Of course, with the pandemic, the show has now been postponed for 1 year.
About this time last month I was supposed to finally see Rammstein live. Also postponed for a year.

I saw Rage in 1997 when they opened for U2 of all people. I was kind of "meh" on them before but I became a fan that day. I hope they still have that energy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:59 pm 

Hurt my back a few days ago, felt dumb for it.

Was able to take a day off work for it and spend quality time with the heating pad...then later on with some ice packs. Fortunately this happened in such a way that I only missed one day of work, then had a long weekend in which to recuperate...so I repeated the above pattern, adding in walking and some other mild things to prevent stiffness and promote healing.

Doing much much better now, I'll just be careful at work on Monday.

If I had kids I wouldn't have been able to rest as much, and my poor spouse would have literally been stuck with all the heavy lifting of parenting.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:30 pm 

Tempest - I definitely think being sick or having other physical problems when you have kids much be terrible. I get occasional flare-ups of intercostal neuralgia, which can be very painful. I either have to stay in bed and not move or take pretty heavy meds for the pain. I don't know what I would do if I had to take care of kids in that state.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:33 am 

Intercostal neuralgia sounds pretty bad. Any type of rib or back injury/illness is just bad news...hurts with just about any type of movement, in my experience anyway. I did get intercostal chondritis around my sternum, and movement of any kind was extremely painful. Coughing would drop me to the floor.

Back got better, went easy on it at work for a day or two and that was it. The timing was very lucky. I had that long weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:01 pm 

Yeah, the neuralgia is no fun. A bad flare-up makes me non functional. Fortunately, it's been a while since I've had a serious one. I just get twinges of pain here and there. Stress seems to be a huge trigger for me. The last time it was bad I was in a really stressful work situation.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous 120 21 22 23 24