The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:00 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 2:54 pm 

I've watched 7 seasons of Suits in about 9 days. It seems a little silly.
Met a woman who was half-watching a show on her phone while grocery shopping at 3am, she couldn't do it at home if she had kids.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:17 pm 

There's something to be said for not having to make preparations for anyone except yourself.

June was a hellish month for me. I spend the day in bed, just trying to forget the stress for a while. Tomorrow, I have two appointments to look into a job. Let's just say not having to make childcare arrangements is a huge relief.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:31 pm 

^^^ Good luck with the job hunt!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:40 pm 

Woke up, had a bit of breakfast, then hopped on my bike and rode to the start of my cycling group’s ride for this weekend. Helped marshal the 20 km ride in the blazing heat, then rode back home again. I was sweaty as hell, so I hopped in the shower (a cold shower has never felt so good!) and then I put on a pretty dress before we went to meet up with friends.

Met up with a couple friends for lunch at a dim sum restaurant I’d never been to before, but came highly recommended. The food was really good, so we absolutely stuffed our faces and caught up with our friends. Came home, relaxed on the couch and fooled around on the internet for a bit, then went grocery shopping and to the liquor store.

Soon I’ll get up, have some drinks and a light dinner. Just us and the cats tonight. I might sit out on the deck for a little while.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:27 am 

Yesterday I met up with a friend and went to try on costumes. She’s getting married next year, I’m the maid of honour (and only bridesmaid), and the wedding is going to be pirate-themed, which is going to be total awesomeness. Her and her fiancé are both huge nerds, so there will be pirate costumes, and the bride is going to walk down the aisle to the Star Wars theme. I can’t freaking wait.

Anyway, we went to a costume rental shop, and we both tried on a bunch of costumes. Friend found the dress she’ll get married in - a gorgeous blue early 1800s style gown. She looks amazing in it. I found my bridesmaid outfit - a black skirt with a ruffle at the bottom, a white shirt with ruffled sleeves, and a red under-bust corset with buckles in the front. It looks so piratey!

Afterwards we window-shopped for a bit - I’m not really much of a shopper but we stopped at a sock store. I do have a bit of a sock problem and own way more socks than one person reasonably should. So we bought some socks (including Star Wars socks for husband, and matching “Cat hair don’t care” socks), then went back to her place and grabbed some lunch.

After that, I drove home to retrieve husband, and we went to the Square in the middle of our city to meet up with the same friends to watch the Timbersports Championship. I used to enjoy watching the “lumberjack competitions”, as I used to call them, on TV, so I thought seeing them live would be fun. It was the Canadian Championship, so we saw all 6 events: double springboard chop, single buck saw, standing block chop, underhand chop, stock saw, and hot saw. It’s actually a pretty great spectator sport and was lots of fun!

Fun day, and the whole day would have been an absolute pain in the ass if I’d had to chase after a kid the whole time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:48 am 
Site Admin

The last few weeks have been hell on wheels, so when I finished tiling the shower yesterday I though "fuck it", called up my friends and asked if they wanted to go to a local craft brewery for a drink. We sat on the patio for three hours sipping delicious beers and shooting the shit, and then when the sun went down a bit we headed to another local place to eat. I had ahi tuna fish tacos and they were delicious (and reasonably priced too ... I'll go back there).

I arrived home a little buzzed at 9.30 and fell into bed. No worries about having to get a kid to bed before me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:02 am 

Quote:
I do have a bit of a sock problem and own way more socks than one person reasonably should.
Preach it, Sister! :D

When I was a kid, we'd go to Paul Bunyan Days in Nelsonville, OH. My Dad owned a sawmill, and apart from the games, there were a lot of vendors and extension officers there for all things lumber.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:51 am 

Yesterday, DH and I did a 7 mile hike on the mountain. It was nice to get away from the heat (and the grasshoppers) for a while. Then we came home, had sandwiches, took a nap, then went to see the new Tarantino film. Today, I got up, did some food prep, then made half the Kiwi ice cream - I made more than I thought, but I hadn't frozen the other bowl... so I'll make the second batch tonight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 158 posts ]  Go to page Previous 112 13 14 15 16