The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:39 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next
 Post subject: Re: Welcome to TCFL 2.0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:26 pm 

I agree re: simpler appliances. More bells and whistles = more stuff to maintain and/or break. One of my friends helped me replace the bearing on my washing machine, and one comment he made after we'd pulled off panels and taken out the tumbler was that the simplicity of the machine was very appealing. It was pretty much motor, pump, belt, and tumbler unit. Fewer things to fix.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:18 pm 

I hate that it is impossible to clean the glass on the oven window. Not a bad idea to look for one without the glass when it come time to replace the stove.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:21 am 

Hello - so glad to have found you all and great to see so many of the posters from the previous site here again. I wasn't super active before but visited the site a lot and got so much comfort knowing I'm not as much of an alien as I have always felt by being CF & I took a lot of advice too :-)
It was so weird how the old site just disappeared. When I found that other CFL site, which seemed to appear about the same time, i thought the old site had been reborn there, but all the forums had gone and the whole vibe was different so I'm glad this one is back like it used to be. And how cool lots of people have found their way back to it. Those of you who post regularly maybe don't realise what a cool community you create - even for those of us who mainly read rather than write.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:20 am 

Welcome back Alienne! :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:48 pm 

I am so glad this site is back! I just happened to search for it again today, expecting to see the replacement site.

We need a space to be among like-minded people.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:01 pm 

Hi, welcome back!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:43 am 

Wow, I thought this board was gone for good. I don't know why it took me so long to find it again, I guess I kept using the same bad link? Anyway, happy to find you all again! I tried logging in under my old account but it didn't work, so I am starting fresh. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, unfortunately we weren't able to salvage anything from the old board. But glad to see you back! I was happy to see your registration pop up yesterday :-)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:15 pm 

OMG cant believe this is back. i have the same username that i had in the other site, i had not been to the other one in a while then a few months ago went to go back and it just was not there. then the site was different, so i mostly stayed on reddit. and i saw someone talking about the forum and found it in google search so it was good to find it again

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:56 pm 
Site Admin

The original owners peaced out with no explanation and let the domain expire. So we recreated what we could.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 14 15 Next