The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:55 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:11 pm 

Hi, I am a high school student doing a project about childless by choice people. I have done research on the topic previously and I am now conducting first hand research, survey format, to compare what others found and what I found. The information collected is purely for school and will not get published anywhere. And the survey is all anonymous, and only takes a few minutes.

If you are childless by choice, or know someone who is please fill it out or share!!

This is the link to the survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... sp=sf_link

THANKS! :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:45 am 

Done and glad to help.

However I think some of your questions are somewhat skewed/biased and make assumptions or are leading e.g. the issue of elder care, how many parents do you know are the primary care giver for their parents, I would suggest there are precious few.

It's one of the rather stupid comments (aka 'bingos') made to the CF (Childfree) i.e. 'who is going to look after you when you're older', are you planning on looking after your parents when they need their arses wiping? Are your parents looking after your grandparents?

But I guess as it's a high school project the questions don't require too much rigour.

Oh and the accepted term is Childfree by Choice, not childless (the distinction is made to differentiate between those that chose not to have kids but could, vs those who can't have kids i.e. infertile and have accepted that situation).

Very best of luck.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:36 am 

I was going to do your survey, but I cannot identify as childless, but childfree. The word childless implies that we are missing something we want. I have never and will never want a child and this is non negotiable. Childless people want kids but for whatever reason cannot have them and they are, in my experience, usually slightly bitter and jealous of parents because they feel they are missing some vital part of life. Having children is merely an option and my life has been much better and richer for not having them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:48 pm 

Did your survey, happy to help.

I personally use the term "childfree" rather than "childless by choice", but I know that if someone's learning about something they might not know that term. I'd rather fill out the survey and help broaden horizons. Good luck with your project!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:48 pm 

I completed the survey as well.