The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:24 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46 47 Next
 Post subject: Re: Daily Rant Part 1
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:58 pm 

Ugh, I’m so annoyed at what I just saw on TV. At halftime in the football game, they had a little feature about the high school team that won the Connecticut State Championship. Good for them. The team is from Newtown. So the announcers starts talking about how they won the championship, 7 years to the day after the Sandy Hook shooting, and it’s so great and wonderful.

Fucking really?? I’m happy for the team and all that, but last time I checked, winning a football game does not fix the aftermath of a shooting. Oh great, the team won the championship, and the 26 KINDERGARTENERS who were murdered that day are still just as dead.

I just found it in really poor taste.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:51 pm 

This week needs to end already. So far:

On Monday I wasn't looking where I was going and tripped putting out the bird feeders. I have done some damage to my right knee. It's swollen and hurts like hell. If it doesn't get better by next Monday, I'm calling an orthopaedist. I also spilled lots of the fruit and nut mix seed when I fell, and like 7 squirrels showed up to feast. It's like one sent out the bat signal, and all the local squirrels responded. I usually only have maybe three at a time at most.

Yesterday I'm driving home in ice and snow and the windshield wipers quit working on the Subaru. That leaves us with the Prius until next Friday, when they said they could get the Subaru in for repair. The Prius is not good in snow, even with snow tires. The only silver lining is that I probably shouldn't be driving with my knee in the shape it's in anyway.

Today my work computer crashed, and it needs to be re-imaged. While I'm not going to lose any data, re-imaging is always a pain in the butt.

I'm dreading what tomorrow and Friday have in store for me. I feel like I should just stay in bed. It's also going to be wicked cold tomorrow. I'm still not over this cough, so I really don't want to be out in super cold, dry wind, which makes me cough more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:58 am 
Site Admin

Maybe the people in charge are getting the hint that most people aren't fans of all-fucking-hours Amber Alerts. The news at 4.30am this morning had the alert and the details, but I didn't get woken up by my cellphone wailing in the middle of the night - so that's good. Especially as the location was a 5 hour drive from me and the kid got snatched by his father (yes, another domestic dispute) only 2 hours before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:10 pm 

I'm also hoping that they have learned that amber alerts just don't really make a difference. The kids that are "found" via amber alerts are ones who weren't necessarily in immediate physical danger (generally parent abduction, as previous poster mentioned). The genuinely dangerous abductors take those poor kids, move fast, and a simple amber alert doesn't help. https://psmag.com/social-justice/amber- ... shows-4792

I'm glad I can turn off amber alerts on my phone.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:06 pm 

Okay, sorry about the back to back posts, but something is going on with my allergies...I believe it is known in the medical community as WHAT THE HELL.

I should not be congested and sneezing in fucking December, that's when things are usually pretty easy. This is ridiculous. The spouse and I have been frantically dusting and vacuuming and all that to try and make life suck less. But WTF, man. It's bizarre and uncomfortable, and Zyrtec isn't really making a dent in it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:10 pm 

Could it be something else you've developed an intolerance to, something you're eating maybe? In the past couple of months, after 58 years, I've developed an intolerance to prawns!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:16 pm 

I had allergy testing done a couple years ago and am doing immunotherapy shots ever since. It's been working nicely and my symptoms have been vastly reduced. However, one thing I tested positive for is cat...and I have a cat...and I refuse to get rid of said cat because I've had her for 22 years. She may just be especially dander-riddled the past week or so...it may just be a reaction to her.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:23 pm 

My neighbours installed a motion sensor light on the side of their garage a few days ago, which (since the hedge has lost all it's leaves) is shining right into my living room, right into my eyes.

The fucking thing is coming on every 30 seconds (day and night) because they have a car parked in front of it which has loose cover on it and that's being blown about by the wind.

I'm going to have to go around there and have one of 'those' conversations. :roll:

Add to that Mr LaT had come down with CFinNYs cold, which means Xmas is being postponed or probably cancelled seeing as I can't see him getting over this before he goes back to work. Hey ho!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:39 pm 

^Let's hope he doesn't get a banged-up knee too.

My rant is I am stuck on the couch watching TV, because I am supposed to stay off the knee until I get an MRI scheduled. I am really not a TV watcher, unless I am at the gym or working out at home, so this sucks.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:20 am 
Site Admin

I was on FB this morning and saw this post of the immigrant support site (I'm a member there as I've been donating stuff from the house).

Hello everyone. We have a new family of 11 in the Marlborough Park area NE. Boy 1, Boy 3, Girl 5, Boy 6, Girl 9, Boy 10, Boy 15, Boy 16, Girl 17, Mom and Dad. Super SWEET!!! They are in need of the following items if you have anything to spare for donation.... Please PM me for their address. Many thanks!

Six sofas
Two coffee tables
End tables
Lamps for tables and stand alone
Dressers
Dishes - white or matching
Coffee cups
Cutlery
Pots and pans
Rice Cooker
Microwave
TV
TV stand
Toys
Clothes
Linens and blankets for single beds
Vacuum
Carpet cleaner
Double Stroller

Nine kids?? I'm highly tempted to post and say I'd pay for Dad's vasectomy.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 465 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46 47 Next