The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:31 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:11 am 

Obviously most people will be disgusted by things that are icky, but is there anything that perhaps wouldn't occur to anybody else?

An otherwise very laid back work colleague had the most bizarre reaction when he saw someone eating an ice lolly. Apparently he couldn't stomach the thought of the wooden stick being sucked and ran out of the room like a bullet.

I recoil at the thought of any foods with seeds in. Its beyond me how anyone could eat things like strawberries and tomatoes. And figs!! Ugh, the stuff of nightmares :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:27 am 

Peach skin and anything that feels like peach skin e.g. moleskin or velour, I can't bear it, even the thought of it brings me out in goose pimples and makes my hair stand on end. I just can't touch fruits like peaches or apricots, even russet apples or conference pears have a similar effect. I have to get Mr LaT to peel them for me before I can touch them let alone put them in my mouth!

The same with the feel of a wooden lolly ice stick against my teeth, so I can understand how your colleague gets the heebie jeebies at the the sight of it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:52 am 
Site Admin

I'm guessing an ice lolly is a popsicle?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:54 am 

Yes it is Lady P :D

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:31 pm 
Site Admin

I worked with a girl who couldn't share a fork with anyone. She said the idea that the fork had been in someone else's mouth made her want to vomit.

We discovered last week that my weightlifting coach is terrified of stainless steel salad bowls. He once raked his fingernails across the bottom of one and it weirded him out so badly he won't touch them now. This came up because they had stainless steel chalk containers at the place we were working out, so the girls spent the rest of the day doing nails on a chalkboard, except in the stainless bowl. That was fun.

I can't be in a room when someone is throwing up, or watch in on TV or a movie. If I can smell, see, or hear it, I'll throw up too.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:34 am 

Watching other people brush their teeth. It’s really weird quirk I have, and I don’t know why, but watching someone brush their teeth makes me nauseous. Husband learned this very quickly when we first got married - he walked up to me while brushing and I shrieked and told him to get lost! After I explained it, he luckily was understanding and stays away from me now during tooth-brushing time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:32 am 

I can't stand seeing anyone with food on their face - makes me retch.