The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:33 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96 97 Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:51 pm 

^ Yes, hope she recovers quickly Dirtdog.

I've just been to a school reunion of sorts, and met a fellow class mate that I haven't seen for decades. We chatted about what we've been doing with our lives and he asked the inevitable question - "do you have kids"? I said no, I'm childfree by choice. Well, you'd think I'd just shot him in the foot. The poor guy stumbled over his words before saying something about "oh, yes well, ahem that's, that's great, yes".

It was as if I'd said something rude :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:16 pm 

DirtDog - how's your dog doing?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 8:08 am 

Thank you for the kind words. Sophie is doing pretty good all things considered. I brought her home Thursday. She's still very weak in her back legs, but can move them. She sort tries to walk with them when I use the sling. They sent me home expressing her bladder unfortunately. I can say that I failed at that the first few tries, but finally had success yesterday afternoon. This morning she peed on her own and "walked" the whole perimeter of the backyard with the sling. She's been okay in the crate as long as I give her trazodone, but she still gets fussy. I'm letting her sit on the sofa with us this morning. I feel she has a good chance of recovery, but it will take time.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:15 pm 

Met a mini unicorn at the Renaissance Festival yesterday!
Ate a bit more Fair Food, but nothing too crazy. Same with the State Fair last week. 12 days on at work, one day off, back on foot at least 5 more starting tomorrow.
Now I want to make a breakfast pie...

Hoping for a speedy recovery for the dachshund. Aging Greyhound (13) has trouble with her back legs. She won't recover and be ok again, given her age. I help her how I can but it's a lot of cleaning up messes now.

Attachments:
1567467129000.jpg
1567467129000.jpg [ 243.28 KiB | Viewed 226 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:56 pm 

^^^ Cute! Our Ren Faire is going on right now as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 9:24 pm 

Our Faire is next month, and this is the first time in 16 years that I won't be taking part... It feels...odd. Normally at this time, it's a whirl of rehearsals, costuming etc. but not this time. With all the stress at work I'm kinda glad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:49 am 

^^^ We used to go (just as attendees) every year, but they've priced themselves out of our patronage. It's something like $30 a person now. :o

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:37 pm 

We would get in free as part of a Guild (so long as you're in costume), but the logistics got insane... Having to be there several hours ahead of a performance, just to be able to park within a 2 mile area (and pray you don't get towed), was a huge turnoff last year. Add in the 45 minute drive each way...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 2:37 pm 

Holy goodness. $30 is too many, and all the nonsense of performing in costume is not for me.
The best part of the faire (and my #1 reason for going) was to see The Danger Committee. They are incredibly spectacular! Highly recommend looking them up on YouTube.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:17 pm 
Site Admin

Sometimes letting Youtube wander and pick the music is just the best. 80's songs that I haven't heard FOREVER, for Sunday night cooking dinner win!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 969 posts ]  Go to page Previous 192 93 94 95 96 97 Next