The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:19 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66145 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:27 pm 
Site Admin

My sister (and pretty much the rest of my family as well) has never appreciated my rough around the edges sense of humor. I tagged her in a meme I thought was funny. She untagged herself about an hour later, probably because it contained the word "fuck" which goes against the squeaky clean image she tries to project on FB.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:03 am 

Moving Monday, packing the last bits of whatever were in frequent use and I swear I keep finding things everywhere. I now have 3 small file boxes of hodge podge whatever I had yet to pack in a box that made sense at the time.
After the move I need to purge so much stuff.
After the move I'll have time and space to sort though. This will be the last big move for a while, thankfully.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:27 am 

^^It's a shame about your sister and the word "fuck". I fucking love the word fuck, because it's so fucking versatile.

You can use it as a noun. You can use it as a verb. You can use it as an adjective. You can use it as a prefix. You can use it as a suffix. You can use it as an infix. It's a great word! And I agree with Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half fame - someone asked her if she would stop swearing on her site. Her response was (paraphrasing) "Sometimes, a sentence just isn't as funny without the word 'motherfucker' in it".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Seriously though. And when it's just the two of us hanging out she will use it (not as much as me though). But if other peeps are around (with the possible exception of my BIL) she tries to be Mrs. Goody Two Shoes, which is funny since I know better.
Quote:
Her response was (paraphrasing) "Sometimes, a sentence just isn't as funny without the word 'motherfucker' in it".
Ah, the Samuel L. Jackson school of humor. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:03 pm 

This guy at work has the surname "Jones", and everyone, including himself, calls him "Motherfucker Jones". He does have a rather odd, as in old-timey, first name, so he says the nickname lifted from "Horrible Bosses" fits. He's got another nickname people use all the time, but from time to time he gets called "Motherfucker Jones".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:25 am 

https://www.barrons.com/articles/how-to ... 1553285595

Interesting article...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
And I agree with Allie Brosh of Hyperbole and a Half fame - someone asked her if she would stop swearing on her site. Her response was (paraphrasing) "Sometimes, a sentence just isn't as funny without the word 'motherfucker' in it".
Grrrr, this. It's MY site, and if you don't like it, feel free to fuck right off!

Anybody said that to me on here, and they'd be out the door. Don't like what you're seeing? Then let me help you unsee it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:19 pm 

One of the best books I ever saw at urban outfitters was "English as a second fucking language"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:18 pm 

Ugh, I got an invite today for a stupid baby shower for a coworker. And it’s during working hours, during our regularly scheduled weekly meeting. And they want everyone to bring individual gifts, instead of passing around an envelope for collections (which at least gives me the option of chipping in minimally, if at all).

So now I can’t skip it because it’s during work hours, and I have to buy a gift or else it will be blatantly obvious that I didn’t bring one. I don’t mind social stuff for work, but I REALLY hate it when it’s seen as obligatory. Also I hate baby showers. I wonder if I can manage to be conveniently absent that day...can anyone mail me some bubonic plague around the end of this month?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:13 pm 

Oh man. That happened at work one time, too. They scheduled a baby shower during our usual time for a collaboration meeting. And I couldn't leave, because it was during our contract work hours so I was "on the clock". I'm pretty sure our union rep said something about it, though, because it was dropped as a practice. Whew. They moved them to after hours, and I went skipping merrily out the front gate on those days.

You have my sympathy, Herbaceous. I've been racking my tiny brain looking for escape hatches. Can you work from home that day? That way you won't have to use PTO. Or somehow you might have something that you just have to take care of....some major work task that has to be done, but somehow mysteriously took longer than expected. If those don't work, I'm pretty sure you have a dental appointment for a Novocaine-free double root canal that day. Yeah.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1446 posts ]  Go to page Previous 162 63 64 65 66145 Next