The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:07 am

All times are UTC-06:00

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:04 am 

Every morning, I sit down to log into my work computer. First I have to turn on my mifi, then my laptop, and it auto-connects and pops up a VPN login panel.

Randomly, it'll also pop up a "this program is attempting to change settings on your computer" panel, and I have to put in my admin password to allow that.

It pops up on random days, but when it does, it's always when I'm in the middle of logging into the VPN session. My credentials end up half-entered in the VPN panel, and half-entered in the admin panel.

Stop it! :x

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:21 am 
Site Admin

Well that didn't take long for this site to get blocked by work as a "security risk". The old one never did. Wonder why that is.

Good thing I have my phone.

Disclaimer: Security at my work is overly paranoid.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:02 am 

I've been watching "Bojack Horseman" as I work out. But my workout is 30 minutes long, and episodes are only about 25 minutes. I don't want to start a new episode, so I just have to run in silence for five minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:53 pm 

I hate Texas summers and evil mosquitoes. Hope a cold front comes in to cool it down to the low 90s.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:10 am 

^^^ I lived in San Antonio for 18 months. I hated the weather. It was either hot and humid or hotter and more humid. Even the rain was hot.
-----
Just about every meal, before I start cooking, I mince some parsley for garnish. Just about every meal, just before finishing eating, I remember the parsley that I minced.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:30 pm 
Site Admin

So back in December I sprained my ankle just about as badly as I could without actually breaking it. It's only been in the last two to three weeks that I've been able to wear heels again (and I love heels so I'm pretty stoked about this). Last night I wore higher heels than I have been wearing these past couple weeks and also did a lot more walking and standing than I have been. My ankle is sore this morning and while I knew it would be I'm still annoyed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 pm 

^^^ I have a very sore corn on one of my toes, from crowding caused by shoes that have a narrow toe box. Big, boxy sensible shoes aren't really made to look fashionable; it's like the shoe makers figure older folks with spreading feet have given up on trying to look smart.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:40 pm 

Narrow shoes are the bane of my life. I have small feet but they’re almost as wide as they’re long!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:20 am 

Since we're talking about foot issues: I have a disgusting fungus under two of my toenails. It's not painful but it certainly looks gross. I treated it every day for six months last year, and even though the treatment, combined with my careful trimming, made the toenail almost completely fall off, the fungus never really went away. I finally quit and now it's back to the way it was. Apparently the only way to get rid of such fungi is to take medicine that can be dangerous to your liver. Ridiculous.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:04 pm 

to continue with the foot issue theme:
I had both my big toenails removed last week and apart from the anesthetic injections it was a walk in the park. In fact a better experience then the dreaded dentist, once you get past the mental image of the Spanish Inquisition with a pair of pliers.