The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:35 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: The bingoes never end
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:38 am 

...even if you're a parent.

A friend of mine posted on Facebook yesterday that she got "baby snuggles" at the office yesterday, along with a picture of her holding said baby. Pretty innocuous, right?

The very first comment under the photo is "The baby looks good on you!" followed by a winky face. This woman already has 3 children (including boy-girl twins)! Good lord!

Thankfully, she shut that down right quick by saying she's done with having babies.

I just cannot understand why someone who already has children (and of the "correct" genders, although we all know that's a load of bullshit) would still get bingoed. It's never-ending.

I still get the occasional bingo and I'm 35 now. Maybe it'll finally stop when I hit my 90th birthday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:06 am 

I agree. I have seen this happen a lot. A guy at work has a 7 month old baby and I hear people ask him all the time "Are you having more".

You also hear if someone's second child is the same sex "are you going to try for a girl/boy". I suppose everyone gets bingoed over something and they get just as annoyed as us by them. It's universal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:38 am 

I remember sitting in a staff meeting, and before the meeting started, our manager nodded in the direction of my coworker and said, "Everybody congratulate Rob, I understand Amy had the baby over the weekend."

Everyone did the usual handshaking, and without missing a beat, the manager said, "So when are you giving her a little brother or sister?"

WTF? I'm a guy and didn't even know the new mom, but even I could hear her lady parts scream out across the miles, "Hell no, I need a break, please!"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:26 pm 

If you are single, when are you going to date, if you are dating, when are you getting engaged, then when are you getting married, then when's the baby.

If you don't do any of that it just blows people's minds, they can't handle it. Something must be wrong. It's so silly.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:04 am 

^^^Exactly!^^^ It's always something. Have baby, and then it's "when is little Johnny/Susie going to have a baby brother/sister?" I've even heard someone ask someone who had 2 kids when they were going to have a 3rd because, and I quote "you gotta think, it's not fair to make the other 2 grow up without another sibling to fall back on". What a stupid thing to say, even for a breeder.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 10:58 pm 

Two friends of mine decided they'd have two kids and that was it. When in their mid- to late twenties they had two daughters. Immediately they started getting questions about when they'd have another so the husband "could have his boy". I'm sure those people would have been clutching their pearls to know that the guy had already marched his package down to the doctor for a vasectomy when the second kid was less than a month old.

"...have his boy". Sheesh. So much sexism, lifescripting, etc. SO. MUCH. STUPIDITY.