The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon May 20, 2019 10:42 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous 161 62 63 64 6576 Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:53 pm 

^^^ Congrats!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:57 pm 

Quote:
.... It looks like I'm the owner of the Canadian national record for my age group and weight class.
What a result! Congratulations :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:58 pm 

Way to go! That's really some achievement there!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:49 am 

^^Congrats Alicorn! That's awesome! Now can say I know a Canadian record holder!

Tonight I'm officially doing what is the weirdest thing ever for me...I'm walking as a model in a fashion show. There's this event that some student groups are putting on at work, and it's a fashion show where everything is made from reused/repurposed materials. I signed up, since I thought my office could use the exposure and I thought that all different clubs were going to be involved...turns out most of the other designers are just that, actual student fashion designers.

So myself and the students that work for me made a knitted dress out of old t-shirts, and I'm wearing it on the runway tonight. Everyone who attends will have an excellent opportunity to collect material for future blackmail purposes.

More than anything, I'm just worried that I will have to walk up and down stairs (that have no handrail) in heels. I hardly ever walk in heels and I can be clumsy at times...I just hope I don't faceplant.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:42 am 
Site Admin

OMG, that sounds awesome! Have a great time!

I'm reading with great sadness about the shooting in New Zealand. That's the sort of thing that just doesn't happen in my little country, although when it did I'm not surprised that it happened in Christchurch. There's been a fairly strong white supremacist undercurrent in the city as long as I've been alive, so I guess it's really no surprise that eventually one of them decided to run amok. I did read that after he ran out of bullets he threw down the gun and ran away - what a fucking cowardly piece of shit. While I'm not a fan of the death penalty, sometimes it's totally justified. In this case, preferably carried out by an assassin in an escape room, so this waste of skin knows how it feels before he gets what's coming to him.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:22 pm 

When I saw the shooting on the news this morning, I knew Dear Leader would tweet something stupid. I wasn't disappointed. I don't know that America will ever regain its standing in the world after exporting hatred. Honestly, it's obvious we never deserved our former standing in the first place, given how quickly we've become AmeriKKKa.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:37 am 

The fashion show went surprisingly well! They had students there to do hair/makeup, so I got that done, put on the dress made out of 13 t-shirts and my stiletto boots (an awesome consignment store find), and walked in the show. We had to walk in, walk down the aisle between the seats, up the stairs to the stage, pose, walk to the side, pose again, then back down the stairs, down the aisle, pose at the end, and then walk out. It felt a little weird to be doing a “runway walk” and posing (this is SO far outside my wheelhouse), but I managed to do it without falling on my face!

Much to my surprise, I also won second place! It was totally unexpected, but myself and the students who helped me make the outfit were very happy. I got lots of compliments on it too!

I was extremely surprised at how much fun it was. Fashion is one of the things that I’m not even remotely interested in, but it was kinda fun to sashay down the runway!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:22 pm 
BANNED

Quote:
The last set of masters provincial weightlifting results got posted this morning. It looks like I'm the owner of the Canadian national record for my age group and weight class.

All the records got reset last year as all the weight classes changed, so this is the first round of qualifying competitions. No doubt it won't last long, but hey, I'll take it in the meantime!
Are you super muscular?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:25 pm 
BANNED

@CFinNY: The great irony is that if Trump wasn't a racial provocateur, he'd never be sitting in the White House right now. It's really sad that Trump's bigotry resulted in his nomination and election. :(

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:51 pm 

America has always been racist, but now it's fine to be open about it. It wasn't so much before, unless you lived in the South. Now I see Confederate flags in NY. I suppose if you're proud of being white because that's all you have, fly the flag then. Makes it easy to tell who the wankers are.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 754 posts ]  Go to page Previous 161 62 63 64 6576 Next