The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:17 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1797 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:26 am 
Site Admin

Lucky you! When I had my general for my tubal, they were a little worried about me because I refused to wake up. They tried to wake me up three times, and the third time they tucked the blankets down - I grabbed them, threw them over my head and curled up like a ball at the bottom of the bed. The nurses had a good giggle about it!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:31 pm 

Coming out of anesthesia for my tubal, I thought I was at an AWOLNation concert. They were on the radio at the nurses' station in the recovery area.

I was slow to come around fully, but then I can sleep like the dead without medication of any kind, so it's probably to be expected that it took a while for the effects to wear off. The worst part for me was when the pain meds I'd been administered by the hospital staff quit. That was not the best experience for the tubal, or when I had my wisdom teeth out.

Not sure if coughing will make recovery hurt more or not, but when they intubate you, it will irritate your throat and can make you cough. I took the numbing lozenges to the hospital with me for my tubal, as abdominal surgery no matter how small + coughing = pain.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

I wish boobs were going to be part of the deal. That will have to be a next year thing.

They were very adamant not to eat anything after midnight on Thursday.

Idk about the walking around part after.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
I can sleep like the dead without medication of any kind
I'm so jelly. When I was in the worst throes of chronic insomnia many years ago I built up a tolerance to the max dose of Ambien in about a week.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:19 am 

Just did a one-hour market research session testing a new online VAT registration page for HMRC (UK tax authority). Got paid £80 which, ironically, is tax-free.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:29 pm 

Best wishes for the surgery and a speedy recovery, LadyP!

The only time I ever had general anesthetic was when I got my wisdom teeth out. My teeth apparently didn’t want to come out, so I woke up part way through the surgery. No pain or anything (my mouth was still frozen pretty good) but I remember the dentist saying “We’re almost done here, just a couple more minutes”. A few seconds later he looked down and said “Please stop looking at me like that. You’re making me feel really guilty” :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 am 

That movie "The Ghost and the Darkness" is on Amazon again. I might have to watch it, although the last time I saw it (1996) it scared the shit out of me. When they were in the hospital trying to provoke the lions, I could not handle that level of tension. I had a bad night of sleep - in a dorm in the northeast United States - after watching a movie about killer lions in late 19th century Africa.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1797 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180