The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:14 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108 Next
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:25 am 

The weather turned a bit cooler here, so I took out some of my fall-ish clothing. Probably too many track suits, as evidenced by my husband calling me "Ali G" :lol:

I've decided to get a WRX. The Prius needs to be retired, it's not good in the snow, and I simply cannot handle this automatic transmission anymore. Mr. CFinNY said he'd take Red, Jr. (the hybrid RAV4), and I could pick the next car. So, WRX it is. Think I'll pass on the STi model though. My coworker's is not an STi, and it has *plenty* of get-up-and-go.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:07 pm 

CFinNY keep me posted on what you think of the WRX. I drove a few of those when I had a gig moving cars for Subaru, and they seemed like a lot of fun. The STIs seemed like a lot of $$ for what looked to me like a fairly stripped-down car. I know that the STI is pitched at people who're gonna do a ton of after market customizing, so maybe I'm just not the intended audience. Just my POV anyway.

Also because I am actually twelve years old inside, I still snicker because to me "STI" means "go find a doctor and get that treated".

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:11 pm 

^I snicker at STi, as well. Around here they tend to call sexually transmitted infections "STDs", so everyone wonders why I find STi so funny.

I am absolutely a 13 year old inside, about a great any things. Tonight I over-oiled a pizza pan, and when fussing with the dough that would not spread out, my husband says, "You got it too wet. Dry that up some. Right now it's just riding around on top." I started snickering, and then flat out howling at that. He was looking at me like I was crazy for about two seconds, and then he said, "Ohhhhhh, I get it now. Oh my, that did sound like a conversation not about pizza dough." :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:48 am 

That pizza dough conversation could have come straight out of my kitchen, from either myself or Mr. Tempest. We're both 12 year olds. :lol:

On the WRX thing...I remember now that a friend of mine had one for a several years. Seems to me that she had issues with it, but then again she isn't super good at preventative maintenance. Some of it was likely self-inflicted. The color was awesome though. Really nice blue.

My first world problem: what to do after we get rid of our old, cheap sofa. The living room's not very big, and I already think it feels crowded with the sofa, 3 chairs, and a coffee table. Our bikes are on a gravity storage rack on one wall. Honestly I'd like to get rid of the sofa and 2 of the 3 chairs (they're old and on their way out soon, too) and just get a love seat. The one advantage of our old sofa is that one section pulls out to make a guest bed. We might just be better off getting an airbed to set up in the office room on the few occasions we have overnight guests. There are some nice fold-up frames for those nowadays, so it wouldn't have to be the old "air mattress on the floor" thing. Wish I had a bigger living room.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:23 pm 

If you're getting a new sofa, consider a condo/apartment sized one. Some furniture manufacturers are making them now. They're usually in the 72 - 76 inch width range where regular sofas are 80 plus inches wide.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:44 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
That pizza dough conversation could have come straight out of my kitchen, from either myself or Mr. Tempest. We're both 12 year olds. :lol:
Same with myself and Mrs. LP.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:29 pm 

^^Same here. Husband and I are in our late 30s/early 40s but have the sense of humour if a pair if 12 year olds. Both of us regularly make fart jokes.

Today’s FWP is that my thumb is painful and swollen. I must have sprained it somehow, but I haven’t the foggiest idea how I did it.

…and right on cue, I complained to husband that my thumb hurt. He responded by ripping a fart and then saying “Did that fix it?” :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 10:24 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
…and right on cue, I complained to husband that my thumb hurt. He responded by ripping a fart and then saying “Did that fix it?” :lol: :lol:
I've done that to Mrs. LP plenty of times. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:54 pm 

There is no time limit on how funny a fart is. I still laugh at a fart a coworker let loose maybe 5 years ago. He was singing at his desk and farted really loud. The two of us sitting closest to him started laughing, and continued to laugh about it all day, and we still laugh about it to this day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:10 am 
Site Admin

Farts will always be funny no matter what. A lot of people disagree with me on this but they are wrong.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1080 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1104 105 106 107 108 Next