The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:04 am

All times are UTC-06:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous 191 92 93 94 95
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:00 am 

^^^ Reading online, table linens have fallen out of fashion, but are somewhat enjoying a small resurgence, as bored, cooped up people are trying to do anything to perk up the house and find something to do.

We have six tablecloths for the inside table, one for each season, plus a standard white one and a Christmassy one. We're sprucing up the back deck, and an easy way to do that is to dress up your outdoor table a little. Looks like I'll be going onto Amazon for that, though.

Another thing...we're finally, after 16 years, getting a tile backsplash installed in the kitchen, and then I'm repainting the walls, a very pale lavender color. As such, I've started looking for dish/tea towels in lavender.

Yellow...check. Mint green...no problem. Soft pink...of course. Lavender potholders...plenty of those. Lavender bath towels, curtains, placemats, napkins, storage boxes, small appliance covers...as far as the eye can see!

Lavender dish towels...not on your life, pal! :x

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:22 am 

There was a tank top at Dick's sporting goods that was truly horrible. It was a halter style top, with a waist band and some gathering along the neck seam. It was really billowy - as in I could hide a basketball under the front and no one would know. I don't know why someone would want a top that looked like a deflated hot air balloon, or why something that loose would be advisable in the gym, but they were selling them. They appeared to have plenty in stock, so I guess I wasn't the only one to find them hideous.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:45 pm 

It's such beautiful weather outside and I would really like to go sit on the deck, but my wifi won't work outside so I have to sit indoors.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:04 pm 

It was close to 70 here today. It's been so cold that 70 felt downright hot. I had to turn the air on in the car going home because I felt like I was in hell. Now I am dreading summer, which is like one months long hot flash for me, lol.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:36 am 
Site Admin

We're in that "heat in the morning, AC in the afternoon" phase here.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:36 pm 
Site Admin

They just had a flash airfare sale on flights to Montreal, so I booked for mid September and talked a friend into coming with me (she's always wanted to go). Hoping that we're not going to be in the middle of some stupid fifth wave by then and it will be a decent trip.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:10 pm 

Fingers crossed for you Alicorn!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 947 posts ]  Go to page Previous 191 92 93 94 95