The Childfree Life

When having it all, means not having kids
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:20 pm

All times are UTC-06:00

Post subject: Re: Some thoughts
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:14 pm 

Quote:
None of the reasons you mentioned are good reasons to have kids. The only reason you should be a parent if if you actually want to raise children, with all that entails. If you don't, then don't do it.
Makes sense.
Quote:
Also good luck with that hair removal. It's not going to be cheap. I'm lucky in that respect that I don't have a lot of body hair anyway and what I do have is light colored. I do need to save for electrolysis on my face and now that the wife finally has a job again maybe I can.
Thanks. Yeah, I suspect that it's going to cumulatively cost me several thousand dollars even with coupons/discounts--which is why I am hoping to get a job and begin saving up money for this. I am seriously considering getting a teaching certificate, but that also costs a lot of money and thus I am still thinking it over while applying to any jobs that I think I have a chance at on Indeed.com.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:07 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Also, I figure that I might as well say this as well--if I will ever get married, I am strongly hoping for an open marriage due to the fact that I would prefer not to limit my own sexual options even after marriage.
Poly relationships have their own pitfalls.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm 

Other than being forced to pay child support for an unwanted child that your wife has with another man (which can be avoided by only making this relationship open after your wife actually hits menopause), what exactly are these pitfalls?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:17 pm 
Site Admin

The most common one is that one of the partners will eventually get jealous of another partner's relationship with one of the other partners.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:21 pm 

Why exactly should I be jealous of this, though? I mean, as long as there's no unplanned pregnancies and no STDs, why exactly should I care as to whom my future wife will have sex with--just as long as this is done with my consent and permission, of course?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

You may not, but one of the other people might.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:23 pm 

Perhaps this means that one should choose one's spouse carefully.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:14 am 

Frankly, as I think that I have previously said on the old forum, I don't have any moral qualms about relentlessly cutting myself in front of a hypothetical unwanted child of mine who would have been conceived as a result of a sterilization failure. Rather, I would feel joy at cutting myself in such a scenario. Sadistic, but it is what it is. If someone's gonna suck up a lot of my money for 18+ years, then they should also be prepared to see me relentlessly cut myself over and over and over again. Indeed, that should be their reward for sucking up a lot of my money without my consent.

Of course, my attitude in regards to this would be different for a wanted kid, but I don't know if I am ever actually going to want kids and sentiments such as those in the paragraph above really do make me wonder whether it's best for me to never have any kids. I mean, if I could donate sperm to a sperm bank and be guaranteed that I will never get hunted down for 18+ years' worth of child support payments afterwards, then the odds of me eventually doing this might actually be pretty decent. However, is that actually the world that we currently live in?

My main desire is to care about my own best interests as well as those of my parents, sibling, and future wife. In addition to this, as long as I will be able to get successfully cryogenically preserved after I will die as a result of me being found early enough after my death, then I'll be happy. Children cost a lot of money, and frankly, I don't know if I would ever actually be willing to commit to this. After all, it's certainly not like I am made of money!